I am stunned and beyond grateful to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This award is given to those in the blogging community who create positive and inspiring posts. Although my posts have been few and far between lately, I’m grateful that you feel I bring sunshine to the blogging community!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and make a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award, and then write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
A Thousand Thanks!
A thousand thanks goes out to Pascale’s Healing Journey for thinking of me. Your blog is such an inspiration and I enjoy reading about your experiences and how you have overcome the heartache that comes with dealing with narcissists. As a victim, myself, it is inspiring to see someone overcome the trauma. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Are you a ‘morning’ or ‘night’ person? I would definitely have to say I am a night person. Mornings are my nemesis and nighttime is my most productive time. I’ve always been this way, too. On my good days, I’ll sleep until well into the mid-afternoon. My husband calls it my Super Power.
- What makes you happy? Low pain days, writing, reading and spending time with my husband and our pets. I also really enjoy helping people and doing so brings me a lot of happiness.
- What makes you angry? Injustice toward anyone. People who are unempathetic or lack compassion. War, homelessness, poverty. These things have always upset me. Also, people who drive aggressively.
- How do you like to spend your free time? By having “me time”. I love being with my husband, but I also need alone time, so if I have free time it’s usually spent on the couch with my dog and phone/laptop with Investigation Discovery playing in the background.
- What country would you most like to visit? This one is a bit difficult, but if I had to choose one I would say Ireland. Between the beautiful scenery, the accents and the history, I think I would fall in love on day one.
- What kind of music do you like? I like all kinds of music. When I had an iPod, the songs ranged from hardcore rap to pop to indie to classic rock. I’m not a huge fan of country, but I like songs from pretty much every genre. I come from a family of musicians and I married one, and they all have different backgrounds, so I am exposed to all kinds of music. It’s wonderful, really.
- What is your all-time favorite film? Oh man, this one is so difficult! I can’t decide between All About Eve and Evil (Ondskan) so there’s two. 😉
- What is the last book you read? I believe it was Black Swan Green by David Mitchell.
- Do you often find yourself under stress? Honestly, not that often. There was a time when stress dominated all of my waking hours, but after moving in with my husband, a lot of it melted away. However, I do stress occasionally because I’m only human, but it’s not nearly as often as it once was.
- How do you relieve stress? Generally I relieve stress by taking some “me time”. I’ll read a book or take a long, hot bath and escape for a while. Once I’ve done that, I try to get to the source of the stress and see how best to solve the problem causing it.
- What is your motto? Treat others how you’d like yourself and your loved ones to be treated. Be kind, always. You never know what someone is going through.
Questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite past time?
- Do you have any hobbies? If so, what are they?
- Who is your biggest inspiration in life, personally?
- Who is your biggest inspiration in life, professionally?
- What is your biggest goal in life?
- Where do you find ideas to write about?
- What makes you want to write?
- When are you at your “best”?
- What motivates you in life?
- Where is your favorite place to write?
- How do you handle writer’s block?