You guys, I’m so happy right now! Alyssa from fightmsdaily nominated me for the Awesome Blogger Award! Well, technically she nominated Robyn’s Reflections, but since I screwed up and had to change it over to this site, I’ll still partake.
Rules For This Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated.
- What made you decide to start blogging?
Well, I enjoy writing – it’s a passion of mine. Aside from that, I figured that with my medical background, dysfunctional life up until now and my desire to write, I would try to help others going through things that I’ve already experienced, whether through my work or in my life. I enjoy helping people and want to do so any way I can. Blogging just happens to be one of the ways I’ve found to achieve that goal.
- What is your biggest dream in life?
To create my own company and become my own boss. I’ve already got two ideas in mind, one would be a for-profit revolving around medical management (websites, social media management, form creation, etc.) and the other a non-profit to help with homeless shelters in my city. I’ve been sitting on the ideas for a while now, but I recently discovered that I would be losing my job at the end of the year and have decided now is the best time to start. Beginning in January of 2018 I intend to start the process of either one or both ideas.
- Do you have pets?
I do! I have a dog, Frank, who is a 12 year old pit bull and the sweetest, most cuddliest pup there is. Then I have a cat, Duchess, who is a four year old Ragdoll who is the queen of the castle. And I recently bought a Beta fish, Fawkes, who is pretty chill and beautiful. I love animals. I’d adopt every single one if I could.
- What is your favorite color?
I have always been fond of dark green, but I like pink, too.
- Who or what is your greatest inspiration?
Hmm…this one is a bit difficult. There are many inspiring people in my life, but I’d say that the most inspiring are my husband and sister. My husband always finishes what he starts and never goes back on his word. He’s reliable and if he says he’ll do something, he’ll do it even if he doesn’t feel like it. My sister struggles with anxiety and OCD yet goes to work every day to help children in the foster system. She’s the most resilient person I know.
- Where was your best vacation?
Easy! My husband and I spent a week in Denver and surrounding areas back in 2016. That was the best week of my entire life and I’m dying to go back. It’s just so beautiful and peaceful and the people are so nice and polite. I spent more time outside in that week than I had in years in Florida. I’m not a fan of heat in any form, so I spend 99% of my time indoors here.
- What is your most challenging goal in life?
To better myself. I have a very bad habit of giving up when I can’t do something right away. If I try to play an instrument and can’t do it immediately, I lose interest in it. I lack patience on a horrible level and I really would like to fix that.
- What did you want to be as a child?
To be honest, I don’t really know. I wanted to be a writer as a teenager, but before that I didn’t think about it much. I’ve always known that I want to travel the world, though. I don’t want to wake up one day at 65 and realize that I’ve spent my entire life in one city working for a company that doesn’t care about me.
- If you could give advice to the 15-year-old you, what would it be?
Everything that you’re going through right now will be over in a few years. Whatever is devastating you right now will pass and you’ll eventually find yourself happily married in a home of your own.
- Who is your idol in life?
I’m not sure that I have one, really. I just try to be kind and loving and giving. I mess up occasionally, but I do try.
- Jill Barrie | Pop Psychology
- A.R. | Trying To Resurrect Hope From A Broken Marriage
- Professor K | Living Life On My Terms
- J.E. Skye | The Bipolar Writer
- Cheriton91 | The Painful Life
- What is one accomplishment you’re the most proud of?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- Why do you write?
- How often do you write?
- When do you decide a post is ready to publish?
- Where do you get your inspiration?
- Do you need silence or background noise when writing?
- If you need background noise, what do you prefer: Music or TV?
- What calms you down after a bad day?
- What advice would you give to a new writer?
All of my nominees have inspired me in some way, and I am very grateful to them. Whether it’s recovering from or surviving a bad relationship, teaching and writing about mental health or discussing a chronic illness, all of those writers put their heart and soul into their writing and it shows.
Thank you, Alyssa, for nominating me. You’ve been one of my biggest inspirations, to be quite honest. Your ability to stay positive in the face of MS is amazing. Truly. Y’all should go check her site out.